Dental Implants in Coral Springs, FL
Restore Your Smile’s Natural Beauty at Optimum Dentistry
Are you self-conscious about missing teeth? Dental implants may be the answer you’ve been searching for. A permanent and natural-looking solution, dental implants at Optimum Dentistry in Coral Springs, FL, can give you the confidence to smile again. Dr. Santana will customize your treatment to recreate your stunning smile and meet your oral health needs.
Learn more about dental implants with our top Coral Springs dentist.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone to serve as the root of a missing tooth. They provide a sturdy, permanent base for fixed or removable replacement teeth using a natural process called osseointegration in which the jawbone fuses with the implant.
Our dental implants in Coral Springs have three components that make up your dental implant:
- Implant — The titanium rods that we surgically implant in your jaw.
- Abutment — This piece attaches the visible part of your implant to the titanium post.
- Restoration — The visible portion of your implant is a custom porcelain tooth, also known as a crown.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
The following benefits make dental implants the highest-quality restorations available today:
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth while boosting your smile appearance and confidence.
- Increased comfort: Implants are anchored securely in the jawbone and do not rub or cause irritation to surrounding tissues.
- Enhanced ability to speak and chew: Dental implants function like natural teeth and provide ease in speech and eating.
- Durability: Implants are strong and can last for years with proper care.
- Convenience: Implants eliminate the need for removable dentures or dental bridges, which can be inconvenient and uncomfortable.
- Oral health boost: Porcelain crowns are decay resistant and help build a healthy mouth environment.
- Prevents jaw deterioration: The jaw begins to shrink in the area of a lost tooth. Dental implants prevent the jaw from losing bone structure.
The Dental Implant Process
Begin the journey toward a gleaming new smile with a consultation at our Coral Springs dentist’s office. You’ll receive an oral exam during this appointment and discuss your smile goals and medical history with Dr. Santana. Your oral exam will include a thorough check of your gum tissue and jawbone to ensure you have enough space and strength in your jaw to support the implant. Some patients may need supplemental procedures such as bone or gum grafting before the implant process begins.
Once you and Dr. Santana have determined that dental implants are the best choice for you, he’ll begin the creation of your custom restorations. We’ll scan your teeth using a 3D scanner to map your treatment plan. You’ll also schedule the placement appointment at this time.
After administering a local anesthetic, our Coral Springs dentist will surgically place the implant in your jawbone, allowing the osseointegration process to begin. You’ll then use temporary restorations until your jawbone has accepted the implants.
Once your jaw and gums have healed following the placement surgery, you’ll return to our office to receive your permanent restorations. These personalized porcelain crowns will fit perfectly into the abutment, creating the appearance of stunning, natural teeth. You’ll leave our office that day with a functional, natural-looking smile.
Two-implant overdentures can help patients looking to replace an entire arch of bottom teeth. Two implants are placed in your bottom jaw, and a customized full-jaw restoration snaps into the abutment. Also known as All-On-Two, this restoration gives patients a cheaper alternative and reduced healing time. Discuss this excellent solution with Dr. Santana at your Coral Springs implant consultation.
How To Care For Dental Implants
Because dental implants mimic the structure of your tooth, caring for them isn’t much different from your natural teeth. Follow these simple tips to keep your dental implants gleaming and healthy:
- Brush and floss your dental implants regularly, just as you would with natural teeth
- Use a soft-bristled brush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Clean under the implant’s abutment or collar using an interdental brush or dental floss
- Avoid tobacco products and limit consumption of dark-colored drinks such as red wine, coffee, and tea
- Maintain regular check-ups with your dentist
- Avoid biting on hard foods such as ice or hard candy
- Wear a mouth guard if you grind your teeth at night
- Inform your dentist of any changes or complications with your dental implants
- Avoid overloading the implant with excessive force or pressure
- Seek treatment for any issues as soon as possible to prevent further damage
Frequently Asked Questions
Schedule an Appointment With Our Coral Springs Dentist
At Optimum Dentistry in Coral Springs, FL, our permanent and natural-looking implants can give you the confidence to smile again. Our experienced dentist will tailor your treatment plan to help you achieve a beautiful and radiant smile. Schedule your dental implant consultation with Dr. Santana in Coral Springs, FL, by calling (954) 775-0185.
2820 N University Drive. Coral Springs, FL 33065
Mon-Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm